Mass Spectrometry Data Scientist
Who we are
At PrognomiQ, we aim to develop and commercialize transformative tests for early detection and treatment of cancer and other complex diseases. To accomplish this, we are leveraging leading proteomics technology, including the Proteograph product suite from Seer Bio, in combination with other multi-omics assays to develop unprecedented molecular views of health and disease. We are a team of experienced and accomplished scientists supported by a group of leading investors in healthcare and technology.
Would you like to be at the leading edge of molecular data generation and analyses that changes how cancer and other complex diseases are detected and treated? Or are you looking to bring innovative and disruptive solutions to market? If you answer “yes” to either of these questions, let us know by applying!
Description of role
This is a hybrid work position with expectations of being onsite several times a week.
- Analyze proteomics, lipidomics, or metabolomics mass spectrometry data to uncover disease-specific signals.
- Develop mass spectrometry data processing pipelines.
- Evaluate, research and develop analysis methods for mass spectrometry data and apply them to generate insights.
- Collaborate with laboratory scientists to design experiments and optimize our mass spectrometry workflows.
- Contribute reproducible, reusable, and robust code to the internal codebase.
- Document results of analyses and investigations in a reproducible manner.
- Communicate insights to both experts and non-experts via presentations and publications.
- Ph.D. in bioinformatics, biostatistics, computational biology, or related discipline.
- Expertise in mass spectrometry-based protein quantification and identification as well as the current computational tools required to process and analyze MS data. Experiences in ion-mobility separation would be preferred.
- Demonstrated skills in proper experimental design, troubleshooting challenges, and interpreting as well as innovating on complex mass spectrometry data.
- Proficiency in at least one general purpose coding language such as Python or R.
- Proficiency in general statistical methods as commonly used in the field.
- A record of achievement as evidenced by quality publications or positions of increasing responsibility in industry.
- Excellent communication skills and the willingness to work towards larger team goals.
Equal Opportunity Employment
PrognomiQ is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship.