Principal/Senior Scientist, Proteomics
At PrognomiQ, we aim to transform healthcare by generating and using systems biology data to develop and commercialize tests for early detection and treatment of cancer and other complex diseases. PrognomiQ leverages leading proteomics technology, including the Proteograph product suite from Seer, as part of a multi-omics platform that provides an unprecedented molecular view of health and disease. We are a team of experienced and accomplished scientists supported by a group of leading investors in healthcare and technology.
Would you like to be part of a team that is at the leading edge of molecular data generation and analyses that changes how cancer and other complex diseases are detected and treated? Do you aspire to be on the cutting edge of ‘omics technology and data science development? Are you looking to be part of a world class scientific team striving to bring disruptive solutions to market? Do you thrive in an environment of cross-functional disciplines and innovation?
As an early member of the PrognomIQ multi-disciplinary scientific team, you will help drive the development of a platform for the scalable, high-throughput and reproducible multi-omics analysis of cancer and other complex diseases. Your expertise will provide a significant contribution to the scientific and technological direction of the proteomics that are core to our multi-omics platform development. You will work within a highly interdisciplinary team uniting scientists with a broad range of expertise and collaborate to integrate multiple omics signals into a full systems biology view of every patient as we discover, develop and commercialize solutions to save patients' lives.
PrognomiQ is leveraging game-changing advances in proteomic methods (Seer Bio’s Proteograph Suite) with cutting edge next generation sequencing (NGS) technologies in order to revolutionize non-invasive diagnostics. Highly motivated experts passionate about creating disruptive diagnostic technologies for early disease detection are valued and critical to our success.
- Work with a multidisciplinary team of automation engineers, data scientist, software developers and clinical researchers to develop a large-scale multi-omics platform
- Work closely with a bioinformatics team on the design, development and implementation of proteomics experiments to support assay and platform development
- Develop novel metabolomics & lipidomics sample preparation and data collection methods that further internal biomarker discovery effort
- Continually evaluate cutting technologies and, provide insights/strategies for the implementation of cutting-edge proteomics technologies and expertise to further multi-omics platform
- Provide scientific thought leadership in the development and implementation of strategic and tactical plans aligned with overall business objectives
- Communicate recent experimental results to an internal multidisciplinary team and externally through scientific presentations and peer-reviewed publications
- Operate, maintain and troubleshoot a variety of new mass spectrometers
- Manage and mentor a small team of scientists
- Document results of analyses and investigations in a reproducible manner and communicate insights to both experts and non-experts
- Ph.D. in biology, biochemistry or analytical chemistry with 5+ years relevant industry experience in mass spectrometry-based proteomics
- Excellent skills in experimental design, implementation, troubleshooting and data interpretation
- Broad knowledge of mass spectrometry-based protein quantification and identification strategies
- Hands-on experience in the operation of QQQ, and HRMS instrumentation (e.g., Orbitrap, qTOF, IMS-TOF, etc.)
- Significant hands-on experience with sample preparation (e.g. liquid-liquid extraction, SPE, etc.)
- Deep experience in MS-based metabolomics & lipidomics data processing tools
- Basic programming skills relevant to metabolomics & lipidomics data analysis (i.e. Python, R, etc.) is desirable
- Demonstrated experience with multiple MS acquisition modalities (i.e. DIA, PRM, MRM, DDA, etc.)
- Must work well in a small team setting, with ability to work independently and collaboratively while meeting deadlines
- Highly organized, exceptional attention to detail and strong documentation skills
- Excellent communications and presentation skills, as well as a desire to work across functional teams
- Desire to focus on breakthroughs in an exciting, fast-paced startup environment