Sr. Research Associate - Proteomics
Senior Research Associate, LCMS Assay Development
At PrognomiQ, we aim to transform healthcare by generating and using systems biology data to develop and commercialize tests for early detection and treatment of cancer and other complex diseases. PrognomiQ leverages leading proteomics technology, including the Proteograph product suite from Seer, as part of a multi-omics platform that provides an unprecedented molecular view of health and disease. We are a team of experienced and accomplished scientists supported by a group of leading investors in healthcare and technology.
Would you like to be part of a team that is at the leading edge of molecular data generation and analyses that changes how cancer and other complex diseases are detected and treated? Do you aspire to be on the cutting edge of ‘omics technology and data science development? Are you looking to be part of a world class scientific team striving to bring disruptive solutions to market? Do you thrive in an environment of cross-functional disciplines and innovation?
As a member of the PrognomiQ multi-disciplinary scientific team, you will help drive the translation of discoveries from our multi-omics platform into tests for the early detection of cancer. You will work within a highly interdisciplinary team uniting scientists with a broad range of expertise and collaborate to integrate multiple omics signals for the development of novel multi-omics tests for the early detection of cancer.
PrognomIQ is leveraging game-changing advances in proteomic methods (Seer Bio’s Proteograph Suite) with cutting edge next generation sequencing (NGS) technologies in order to revolutionize non-invasive diagnostics. Highly motivated experts passionate about creating disruptive diagnostic technologies for early disease detection are valued and critical to our success.
- Work with a multidisciplinary team of automation engineers, data scientist, software developers and clinical researchers to translate results from discovery to clinical tests
- Working independently, and collaboratively with scientists, to perform a wide range of routine and specialized laboratory instruments and techniques
- Operate and maintain basic laboratory instrumentation, liquid handling automation and LCMS instrumentation
- In collaboration with scientists, develop and optimize novel high-throughput proteomics and metabolomics sample preparation and LCMS methods
- Execute biomarker discovery, verification and validation studies to further test development
- Communicate recent experimental results and areas for optimization to an internal multidisciplinary team
- Document results of analyses and investigations in a reproducible manner and communicate insights to internal team
- Bachelors or Masters degree in biochemistry or analytical chemistry with 5+ years (Bachelors) or 3+ (Masters) relevant industry experience in biological sample preparation
- Significant hands-on experience in biological sample preparation for proteomics, metabolomics, DMPK or genomics. Familiarity with a variety of techniques (i.e. liquid-liquid extraction, SPE, SEC, enzymatic digestion, etc.)
- Experience in liquid handling automation maintenance and method development is desired, but not required
- Proven history of executing successful experiments, meeting timelines, data analysis and communication of recent results to scientific team
- Hands-on experience with LCMS operation, maintenance and troubleshooting
- Experience with multiple types of LCMS system (e.g., Thermo Orbitrap, Sciex 7500, Agilent QQQ etc.) is desired
- Hands on experience with a variety of proteomics and metabolomics data analysis software (e.g. Skyline, Proteome Discoverer, Spectronaut, Compound Discoverer, etc.)
- Must work well in a small team setting, with ability to work independently and collaboratively while meeting deadlines
- Highly organized, exceptional attention to detail and strong documentation skills
- Must be able to organize work, multitask and manage time effectively
- Excellent communications and presentation skills, as well as a desire to work across functional teams
- Desire to focus on breakthroughs in an exciting, fast-paced startup environment