Cancer Computational Biologist
Who we are
At PrognomiQ, we aim to develop and commercialize transformative tests for early detection and treatment of cancer and other complex diseases. To accomplish this, we are leveraging leading proteomics technology, including the Proteograph product suite from Seer Bio, in combination with other multi-omics assays to develop unprecedented molecular views of health. We are a team of experienced and accomplished scientists supported by a group of leading investors in healthcare and technology.
Would you like to be at the leading edge of molecular data generation and analyses that changes how cancer and other complex diseases are detected and treated? Or are you looking to bring innovative and disruptive solutions to market? If you answer “yes” to either of these questions, let us know by applying!
Description of role
This is a hybrid work position with expectations of being onsite several times a week.
- Lead statistical analyses on multiple, molecular assay readouts from liquid biopsy.
- Translate findings from literature in oncology and bioinformatics to guide internal research activities.
- Propose hypotheses and design studies for further research and improvement of diagnostic models.
- Document results of analyses and research in a reproducible manner.
- Communicate insights to both experts and non-experts via presentations and publications.
- Contribute reproducible, reusable, and robust code to the internal codebase.
- Ph.D. in bioinformatics, biology, or related discipline.
- >= 3 years of post-graduate research experience in oncology as evidenced by quality publications.
- Familiarity with biomarker discovery, drug development, or diagnostics.
- Proficiency in at least one general purpose coding language such as Python or R.
- Proficiency in general statistical methods as commonly used in the field.
- Excellent communication skills and the willingness to work towards larger team goals.
Equal Opportunity Employment
PrognomiQ is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship.