Who we are
At PrognomiQ, we aim to transform healthcare by generating and using systems biology data to develop and commercialize tests for early detection and treatment of cancer and other complex diseases. PrognomiQ leverages leading proteomics, genomics and metabolomic technology, as part of a multi-omics platform that provides an unprecedented molecular view of health and disease. We are a team of experienced and accomplished scientists supported by a group of leading investors in healthcare and technology.
Would you like to be part of a team that is at the leading edge of molecular data generation and analyses that changes how cancer and other complex diseases are detected and treated? Do you aspire to be on the cutting edge of ‘omics technology and data science development? Are you looking to be part of a world class scientific team striving to bring disruptive solutions to market? Do you thrive in an environment of cross-functional disciplines and innovation?
Reports to: CFO
Summary: The Controller manages, coordinates and analyzes the operational and financial aspects of the organization. The Controller reports to the Chief Financial Officer and will ensure efficient services are designed to meet the growing needs of the company as we move forward from a private company with a goal to go public. Works with the management team serving as a resource to help reduce costs and enhance accounting processes and controls. This position has a highly competitive compensation package.
- Directly participates in key initiatives and strategies to continually improve the quality and level of services provided.
- Responsible for overall accounting operations for the organization.
- Demonstrates strategic thinking in planning for the organizations short-term and long-term financial future.
- Responsible to design, implement and ensure systems of internal controls are in place to safeguard the organization’s assets.
- Oversees the coordination and activities of independent auditors and the preparation of the annual financial statements, tax filings and other investor and regulatory reporting.
- Integral member of the team to develop a formal budget and supervises budgeting process, providing a standard of measurement to insure departmental performance can be evaluated. •
- Maintains financial staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Maintains financial staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
Education and Experience Requirements: 3-5 years’ experience in a healthcare environment preferred. Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required. Master’s degree and or CPA is not required but is preferred. Experience using Netsuite system is a big plus.
Skill Requirements: Excellent communication, listening, leadership and management skills are essential. Strong organizational skills to effectively deal with multiple tasks are important. Must be able to effectively work closely with staff, and peers. Superior Excel skills are essential.