Senior Research Associate/Research Associate, Proteomics - (Br)
At PrognomiQ, we aim to transform healthcare by generating and using systems biology data to develop and commercialize tests for early detection and treatment of cancer and other complex diseases. PrognomiQ leverages leading proteomics technology, including the Proteograph product suite from Seer, as part of a multi-omics platform that provides an unprecedented molecular view of health and disease. We are a team of experienced and accomplished scientists supported by a group of leading investors in healthcare and technology.
Would you like to be part of a team that is at the leading edge of molecular data generation and analyses that changes how cancer and other complex diseases are detected and treated? Do you aspire to be on the cutting edge of ‘omics technology and data science development? Are you looking to be part of a world class scientific team striving to bring disruptive solutions to market? Do you thrive in an environment of cross-functional disciplines and innovation?
As an early member of the PrognomIQ multi-disciplinary scientific team, you will help drive the development of a platform for the scalable, high-throughput and reproducible multi-omics analysis of cancer and other complex diseases. Your expertise will provide a significant contribution to the scientific and technological direction of the proteomics that are core to our multi-omics platform development. You will work within a highly interdisciplinary team uniting scientists with a broad range of expertise and collaborate to integrate multiple omics signals into a full systems biology view of every patient as we discover, develop and commercialize solutions to save patients' lives.
PrognomIQ is leveraging game-changing advances in proteomic methods (Seer Bio’s Proteograph Suite) with cutting edge next generation sequencing (NGS) technologies in order to revolutionize non-invasive diagnostics. Highly motivated experts passionate about creating disruptive diagnostic technologies for early disease detection are valued and critical to our success.
- Work with a multidisciplinary team of automation engineers, data scientist, software developers and clinical researchers to develop a large-scale multi-omics platform
- Working independently, and collaboratively with scientists, to perform a wide range of routine and specialized laboratory instruments and techniques
- Contribute to new automation and proteomics sample preparation methods, optimize the performance of existing methods, and execute biomarker discovery studies
- Operate and maintain basic laboratory instrumentation, liquid handling automation and LCMS instruments
- In collaboration with scientists, develop novel proteomics sample preparation and data collection methods that further internal biomarker discovery efforts
- Communicate recent experimental results and areas for optimization to an internal multidisciplinary team
- Document results of analyses and investigations in a reproducible manner and communicate insights to internal team
· Bachelors or Masters degree in biology, biochemistry or analytical chemistry with 2+ years (RA III) or 5+ years (Sr. RA) relevant industry experience in biological sample preparation
· Significant hands-on experience in biological sample preparation for proteomics, metabolomics, DMPK or genomics. Familiarity with a variety of techniques (i.e. liquid-liquid extraction, SPE, SEC, etc.)
· Experience in liquid handling automation maintenance and method development is desired, but not required
· Proven history of executing successful experiments, meeting timelines, data analysis and communication of recent results to scientific team
· Hands-on experience in the operation of ICP-MS, Liquid Chromatography and/or LCMS instruments
· Must work well in a small team setting, with ability to work independently and collaboratively while meeting deadlines
· Highly organized, exceptional attention to detail and strong documentation skills
· Must be able to organize work, multitask and manage time effectively
· Excellent communications and presentation skills, as well as a desire to work across functional teams
· Desire to focus on breakthroughs in an exciting, fast-paced startup environment